We are very happy to announce that our practice is open for regular dental care. While many things have changed, one thing that has remained the same is our commitment to your safety.
Our infection control procedures
Infection control has always been a top priority in our practice. Our office follows the latest infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
In the time that the office has been closed, we have established a system of practice protocols to keep patients and staff safe. We have acquired a large inventory of personal protective equipment (PPE) including N95 masks, face shields, medical gowns, gloves, sneeze guards, hospital-level disinfectants, hand sanitizer, disposable barriers, contact-less thermometers, new high speed intra-oral suction, and much more. We have installed medical grade HEPA and UV air purifiers capable of sanitizing the office air twelve times per hour.
What to expect at your appointment
You will experience some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff.
- Appointments will be scheduled to minimize the number of patients in the office at one time to allow for social distancing.
- If you have any cold or flu-like symptoms, or may have been exposed to a person with either proven or suspected influenza or COVID-19 virus, please do not visit our office without calling first.
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you enter the office.
- Please telephone us from your car when you arrive at the parking lot. We will let you know when to come up to the office.
- We ask that drivers and caregivers wait in the car unless prior arrangements have been made.
- A parent of a small child may wait in the reception area.
- Please wear a mask to your appointment, and be prepared to sanitize your hands and get a quick temperature check at the door. All staff and patients will be screened daily to make sure they are in good health and without fever.
- All forms and clinical records are now digital. Registration and medical history forms are available online at our website, www.glenviewfamilydentist.com on both the New Patients and the Contact Us pages.
Rescheduling and/or keeping scheduled appointments
We are in the process of contacting patients to reschedule appointments that were missed because of the office closure. We will also be calling some people who have appointments over the summer, as we may need to make scheduling adjustments to allow for social distancing.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors, and friends.
Ralph Shepstone DDS